Jul 07 | 2021
The latest news about the recent African Activity from June 2021
June Monthly Highlights
- Cameroon: Victoria Oil & Gas is planning an exploration well on the Matanda license.
- Egypt: Offshore BP is still drilling the Tiye-1 exploration well on North Ras El Esh (current depth 3300m).
- Ghana: ENI is drilling ahead the Eban-1X exploration well on CTP 4 with the Saipem 10000 drillship.
- Equatorial Guinea: Trident has begun work on a three well development campaign on the Elon field in Block G.
- Gabon: Vaalco has signed a rig for a 2021/2022 campaign on the Etame block with two development wells and two appraisals, including the Tortue and Hibiscus North targets.
- Nigeria: Decklar Resources is preparing to commence operations on the Oza-1 re-entry well.
- Chad: Savannah is planning to take ExxonMobil’s 40% operated interest in their licenses (approx. net 34 mbopd) and 40% effective interest in the Chad-Cameroon oil transportation pipeline.
- Libya: Total is reportedly in negotiations with Hess to buy its 8% interest in Waha's operated concessions comprising 25 blocks and ca. 30 producing fields onshore in the Sirte Basin.
- Nigeria: The DPR has revealed the winners of acreage in the recent marginal fields bid round, which include multiple local and international companies.
- Angola: The ANPG in Angola has extended the deadline for the 2020 onshore round by a month, until 9th July 2021.
- Various: CNOOC are seeking partners for deepwater wildcat drilling in Gabon and AGC.