SEAPEX, the South East Asia Petroleum Exploration Society, is a non-profit organization, with objectives as defined in the Constitution being:
- To advance the science of geology and related Earth Sciences, with particular emphasis on petroleum and natural gas exploration, development and production in Southeast Asia;
- To foster the spirit of scientific research throughout its membership;
- To promote technologies for finding, developing and producing hydrocarbons;
- To disseminate information relating to petroleum geoscience;
- To inspire a high standard of professional conduct on the part of its members; and
- To act as a body to improve the awareness of oil and gas industry issues in the community.
SEAPEX is based and registered in Singapore and currently has 1,115 worldwide Active, Life and Student Members. SEAPEX holds regular meetings in Singapore on the second Friday of every second month, which consist of a social gathering and a 45-60 minute presentation on topics related to the “upstream” sector of the oil and gas industry which having an active chapters in Bangkok, Jakarta, Houston,London, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Perth, Tokyo, Ho Chi Minh and Calgary. SEAPEX has strong support from our industry sponsors including ExxonMobil, Husky Energy, ShearWater, Total E&P, AxxisGeo, KrisEnergy, Mandala, IHS Markit, Emerson, DrillingInfo, Moyes, Katalyst, Polarcus, PGS, Wood Mackenzie.